Your tasks with ICE will include:
- Maintaining the integrated system of MySQL databases and .NET Windows applications.
- Responding to tickets about technical issues.
- Working in an IT infrastructure of Windows Servers, Windows 10 Clients and Linux servers.
- Thinking about ways to improve and protect it better against the ever increasing flood of external threats.
- Keeping an eye on our data backup-strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- You have good English and/or German skills (minimum level C1 in one of the 2 languages).
- A university degree is not required; however a vocational training in the field of IT or equivalent experience is desirable.
- You can read programming code to the extent that it will help you to find the root of a problem.
- You are at home with the Windows operating system.
- You like to tweak and improve systems and automate repetitive tasks.
- Analytical thinking is one of your strengths, you don’t give up until a problem is solved or a suitable workaround is found.
The following qualities would further strengthen your application:
- You have some experience with programming in C# and the .NET Framework or SQL (MySQL) or would like to learn them.
- You have some experience with Linux (Debian, Ubuntu) and the terminal.
- A varied position in a fun and motivated multicultural team. English is our office language and other languages frequently heard in our corridors include German, French, Italian, and Spanish
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work remotely/home office for part of the time
- An enjoyable and low-key working environment
- Flat hierarchies
- Access to a private pension scheme (betriebliche Altersvorsorge)
- The opportunity to foster new skills
- An open environment where your input to improve the systems will be appreciated and listened to
- The possibility to spend some of your time to learn or improve skills with the technologies we use (Linux, C#.NET, MySQL)
We offer this role on a full-time or part-time basis, depending upon your availability.